Brooke asked as a followup to the last post: “What do you dislike about Utah [if anything]?” …………. Dear Brooke, I just told you all about what I like in Utah. It’s not easy to find negative things when I just spent all my time seeking the good in Utah. You know what is much easier: talking about what I dislike about U2. Since I don’t follow U2, here are some funny things people have said about why they don’t like U2:
Brooke asked as a followup to the last post:
“What do you dislike about Utah [if anything]?”
I just told you all about what I like in Utah. It’s not easy to find negative things when I just spent all my time seeking the good in Utah. You know what is much easier: talking about what I dislike about U2. Since I don’t follow U2, here are some funny things people have said about why they don’t like U2:
- Bloated music
- Their fans
- This funny post where Maddox lists the 11 worst songs of 2004 and they are all from U2’s latest album at that time.
As for things I dislike about Utah, I am going to crowdsource that one, too:
- Snow – Troy S.
- Mormons – Also Troy
- Logan – Brian N.
- Logan drivers – Tyler M.
- Wintertime inversion – Tyler again
- “Don’t quote me on the Mormons.” – Troy again
- “That’s a very general question.” – Erin W.
- “Going back home costs me $2500.” – Vandita R.
- “Everyone wears shorts to class.” – Vandita again
- “I have no idea.” – Reece I.
- “When there is a thunderstorm, everybody freaks out.” – Ryan S.
- “Everyone likes to talk about how Utah has the highest per capita use of anti-depressants.” – Me, I don’t like that. Get over it, people. It does not mean that Mormons have a tendency to be depressed.
- “The drivers”
- “All the Mormons” – Ryan X.
- “There is nothing to do if you aren’t with a date or FHE group.” – Rebecca K.
- “Lack of diversity… of people, ideas, everything.” – Shaun B.
- “Supposedly Christlike people won’t let you merge.” – Christopher X.
- “The fact that plastic surgery is a growth industry here. Where are all these burn victims coming from? If it’s not burn victims, then think of the sheer number of Utahns getting a downgrade in the resurrection.” – Clay J.
- “The stinky Salt Lake” – Clay again
- “The stinky Utah Lake” – Clay yet again
- “Male music majors” – still Clay
- “Artsy engagement photos where the couple stands up straight, looks at the camera straight on, arms hanging at their sides, no contact at all. They look like they’re posing for a body scan at airport security. Ironically, these people are often the most outspoken critics of Utah.” – Clay… come on, man.
- “High School Musical fans who consider East High as their Mecca.” – Clay really has a lot to say on the subject
- “Utah State fans” – Yep, Clay
- “I can’t find any place to eat in Salt Lake other than Red Rock and Olive Garden.” – Clay has issues finding places to eat in Salt Lake
- “Summer salesmen.” – Clay also can’t sell
- “Multi-level marketing.” – Clay still sore about putting money upfront to join an MLM and then making no money off of it.
- “Miracle juice that costs $200 a bottle.” – Haters gonna hate
- “People who live in Utah but can’t stop griping about how much they hate living in Utah.” – Me. Also Clay. I’m Clay.
- “The Spice Girls did a music video here.” – Clay is right.
- Why is Utah the beehive state
- Why is Utah so weird
- Why is Utah called the beehive state
- Why is Utah the most depressed state (Me: “Grrrrrr”)
- Why is Utah the most stressed state
- Utah islamic center
- Utah issues
- [insert various nonsense here]
- Utah is boring
- Utah is famous for
- Utah is the worst state
- Utah is in what time zone
- Utah is crazy